Monday, June 15

When I first started here...

When I first started here, which wasn't that long ago anyways, Brian took it upon himself to school me in the ways of graphic design.
The little short cuts and tricks that you pick up after years and years of practice and creative thinking. He said something to the extent of "the eagerness to learn would be more valuable than those who already have the knowledge and have become complacent".

And I wondered, "how could you become complacent if this is your passion?". There are many reason but we shouldn't forget that our career choices are more than just the day in and day out money maker.
It's what we loved to do, applied to the real world. When you get up in the morning, you should feel as if your work is fulfilling.

As an intern, I feel like a sponge. Ready to soak up anything important Peak Seven is ready to teach me and I know that if i stay eager to learn in this field, I will be just fine. You can stick your talents to a cause, a product, a movement, a group. Pretty much anything you feel strongly about would bring about your best work.

No comments: